|12-DAY TOUR OF SHANGHAI, SUZHOU, WUXI, ZHENJIANG, YANGZHOU, NANJING AND
A. Departure Dates
Feb. 7, 21 Mar. 7, 21 Apr. 11,
25 May 9, 23
Jun. 6, 20 Jul. 4, 18 Aug. 8,
22 Sept. 5, 19
Oct. 10, 24 Nov. 7, 21 Dec. 5, 19
B. Tour Itinerary
- Day 1
Arrive in Shanghai
Welcome to Shanghai, the bustling commercial heart of China. Upon arrival, you will be met
by a CITS guide and transferred to hotel. The tour begins with a stroll along the lively
waterfront "The Bund", then a visit to the Jade Buddha Temple where two rare
jade statues of Sakyamuni Buddha are treasured. An acrobatic show for your evening
- Day 2
Sightsee the fascinating Yu Yuan (Mandarin's Garden), the Museum of Art and History. No
visit to Shanghai would be complete without a stop at a craft factory or a curio shop that
Shanghai is famous for. A visit to the Children's Palace if time permits.
- Day 3
Shanghai - Suzhou by train
Suzhou, known as the garden of China, is famous for its embroidery. You may visit the
Tiger Hill, Garden of Harmony, Rock Lion Garden, and you will also visit an embroidery
- Day 4
Suzhou - Wuxi by boat
Today we board a canal boat for a leisurely cruise along the ancient Grand Canal to Wuxi.
Our boat ride provides a glimpse of traditional life along the canal's most interesting
section from Suzhou to Wuxi. Wuxi is the "Land of Rice and Fish". Your visit in
Wuxi includes the lakeside Li Yuan Garden and Mei Yuan Garden. Time permitting, you may
board a boat to island-dotted Lake Tai. Zhenjiang is the former residential town of
American writer Mrs. Pearl S. Buck who lived there for 18 years when she was a child.
- Day 6
Zhenjiang - Yangzhou by boat In Yangzhou, you will visit the Slim West Lake, the Darning
Temple and the Geyuan Garden.
- Day 7
Yangzhou - Nanjing by coach
A one-hour drive by coach to Nanjing, a well-known ancient capital of China for six
- Day 8
Begin your exploration today with the mighty double deck Yangtze River Bridge. Then onward
to the imposing Mausoleum of Dr. Sun Yat-sen and the site of the Ming Emperor's Tomb and
- Day 9
Nanjing - Beijing by air
A morning flight takes you to Beijing, the capital of China. In the afternoon a visit to
the Temple of Heaven, the largest temple complex remaining in China today.
- Day 10
Full day excursion to the Great Wall - the landmark of China. It is one of the most
amazing feats of manmade construction on earth visible from outer space. After lunch, a
drive to the Ming Tombs along the Sacred Way with giant marble figures and animals
guarding the tomb area for deceased emperors of the Ming Dynasty. Dinner is the famous
Beijing roasted duck at a local restaurant.
- Day 11
Morning tour to Tian An Men Square located in the heart of the capital, and the Imperial
Palace (Forbidden City) -one of the greatest feats of ancient Chinese architecture.
Afternoon sightseeing includes the Summer Palace a former summer resort area of the royal
family. It includes a magnificent classical Chinese garden and lake with a beautiful
- Day 12
Your China Canal Splendor Tour draws to a close as you fly back homeward with fond
C. Tour costs
- $2,350 per person.
- Land only: $1,550 per person.
- Single supplement: $960.
- Add-on airfare: $100--$200. Please call for your departure city.
- San Francisco/China round trip international air;
- All air and ground transportation between cities;
- Deluxe 4-5 star hotel accommodations or best available in each city;
- 3 meals daily with American Buffet Breakfast, Chinese style lunch and dinner;
- Banquets and curative meals;
- Special cultural events and performances;
- All the sightseeing as specified in the itinerary;
- All the visits, lectures and treatments by Chinese doctors, acupuncturists, Qigong
masters as specified in the itinerary;
- English speaking guides with private car or bus in each city;
- All transfers between airport / hotel, with the baggage handling assistance, etc;
- Processing of China visa ($75 per person);
- Travel insurance;
- Airport Taxes and International Departure Taxes.
- This tour is customizable.